Find out What Kind of Creative Spirit Are You? Free Quiz

Are you fence-sitting?

Every time I start a new creative project I turn into a cleaning and organizing nut!
Before beginning the Soul Art Certification program my storage room received a huge cleaning.

I should also add, I have an amazing co-op student named Ailish, who helped with this massive organizational project. (Thanks Ailish!)

In the thick of the organization, I started flipping through my old sketchbooks and journals. I have hundreds of journals filled with ideas, notes, images, insights, plans, and dreams. I noticed something very interesting that I want to share with you…

Every time I was faced with a major decision I would go through a phase of fence-sitting. It would be a time when I wouldn’t really know what to do because my spirit would be pulling me in one direction and my logical mind would be pulling me in another direction.

Now that I’ve gone through this enough times I understand that if you want to lead a spirit inspired life, you will need to make decisions in a different way than most of society.

To make a decision with Spirit Leadership there are 3 things you’ll need:

1. The ability to tune in and listen to your spirit.
2. The ability to accept that what inspires you won’t always make logical or rational sense.
3. The ability to take action on what inspires you.

If you can practice these 3 things you’ll be leaping off that fence!

If you’ve been sitting on the fence about joining the Soul Art Certification program,
it is time to make an INSPIRED DECISION!

The absolute final cut off date for joining is Wednesday April 6th.

Soul Art certification

Take inspired action in your life!

Tags: ,

12 Responses to “Are you fence-sitting?”

1. Comment by Jenna

Fence-sitting is a perfect way to describe this state of being in the middle, not staying the same and not yet clear on what’s next. I was journalling last night, dialoguing, saying I want to be free and doing the things I can be totally immersed in. The answer: start now, start feeling free. Start now, start being involved. Today I’m doing it – even though my j-o-b is not what I really want – and it feels positive. Here is something I can do that raises my energy, and I know that will help everything else shift too. One fence at a time…

2. Comment by Lisa Manyon

Laura,

Thanks for the nudge… I’m definitely going to give this some deeper thought.

Write on!~

Lisa

3. Comment by Heidi Alexandra Pollard

This is very timely thanks Laura. I have always prided myself on being a good decision maker, though on reflection I realised that I still spend a bit of time on the fence before each decision and that the most painful, difficult times in my life have always been while I was perched there on the fence.

I will use the 3 step process to smooth the way in future!

Heidi Alexandra Pollard

4. Comment by Ailish Corbett

No problem Laura!

I like seeing the treasures hidden in the storage room.

5. Comment by sheila wagner

I love everything in your post Laura! The journaling to work through the fence sitting, reminders that the choice is not necessarily the logical one, and I have got to do some cleaning and organizing myself, so all great reminders and pointers for me. Love your organized storage room too!!
    Thank you!

6. Comment by Katherine C. H. E.

WOW! What a gorgeous & gorgeously organized resource room you’ve got there, Lady! Great tips!! ♥ ♥ Katherine.

7. Comment by Dr. Robert Fenell

Nice studio Laura. Great tips about coming from a place of inspiration.
    Dr. Robert Fenell

8. Comment by Kiyla Fenell

Laura,

I love the notion of not being attached to the outcome but as you initiate from your spirit the end result is glorious!!

Kiyla Fenell

9. Comment by McKella

I’m definitely on the fence right now. I’ve had so much creative energy stored up inside for so long but without the time or emotional stability to feel safe enough to express it. I just found your site and I read all your blog posts in one sitting, like a novel. I’m so glad I found you, I feel like I’ve gotten a shove in the right direction. Thank you!

10. Comment by Sue Painter

I totally get that part about “what you want to do doesn’t make rational sense” as that has been my own experience many, many times. Love your 3 steps.
    Sue

11. Comment by Robert Fenell

Laura,
    Sitting on the fence can be painful! Choose to take action:)
    Dr. Robert Fenell

12. Comment by Mitch Tublin

Laura,
    Great video tips. I love your storage room!
    Mitch