2013 has been an incredible year, filled with wild creativity, epic adventures, superstar encounters, deep nourishing love and bliss in my body!
With any wholistic journey the bliss comes with some hiccups too. There have been some epic highs and some sad lows. I’d like to share my highlights and lowlights with you to inspire you and give you the whole truth.
My Top 10 Highlights of 2013
1. Creating nü Icon: The Movie
nü Icon: The Movie was an innovative movie experience where the audience was guided through a vision quest to discover their Iconic Essence.
I had been playing with the idea of guiding a Global Vision Quest for years and I wanted to take it to another level. The movie was an experiment in creativity, content delivery and ultimately creating marketing and business as art. Creating the movie felt the same as when I create any other type of art, it took me on a wild journey into places I never imagined and taught me about love, beauty, spiritual depth and the magic that happens when you allow yourself to be a channel for inspiration!
It was especially magical to include 7 powerful, iconic women in the creative process and highlight their Iconic Essence. nü Icons featured in the movie: Jena La Flamme, Deborah Skye King, Ariel White, Christina Morassi, Renee Airya, Ali Shanti and Rose Cole.
Working with Kevin Thom as the photographer and editor of the movie was also deeply rewarding and elevated both of us to nü heights!
2. nü Icon Contest
Part of the nü Icon movie experience included a contest where people were invited to create something that expressed their Iconic Essence for a chance to win a scholarship for the 2014 nü Icon program.
I was blown away by the potent power of this nü Icon Contest! People around the world created stunning art, photos, poetry and videos to express their Iconic Essence. All the entries were posted on our nü Icon movie facebook group and created such lively engagement, you could feel the energy pulsating!
Marija Milicevic won the nü Icon Contest and will be beginning her year of mentorship in the 2014 nü Icon program. Congratulations Marija!
3. Screening nü Icon: The Movie in Hollywood
It was such an honor to screen part of nü Icon: The Movie at Christina Morassi’s Ecstatic Wealth Live Event in Hollywood.
Christina is a dear friend who I love and respect. Both of us have been growing our businesses at the same time and it was so inspiring to see the wild success she has built with her Ecstatic Wealth Brand and to be included in her ‘Ecstatic Wealth Live Event’ by sharing my own success. It was also fun to reunite with five of the nü Icons featured in the film, by calling them on stage with their rainbow colors!
I created a special dress for the event, made of hundreds of white feathers. Wherever I walked I left a trail of feathers!
4. Masterminding with Richard Branson on Necker Island
What a surreal opportunity to travel to Necker Island and participate in Richard Branson’s Virgin Unite Mastermind.
Richard Branson is a billionaire entrepreneur who has revolutionized the concept of being a personal brand. He creates his whole life and business as an epic adventure filled with fun. Experiencing his island home along with the other brilliant entrepreneurs that were present has forever shifted me.
I traveled there with a group of Goddess Women led by Renee Airya. The whole experience was amazing on every level!
5. Lifestyle Up-Level
I’ve been shifting my lifestyle and eating habits dramatically over the past few years. I became a Certified Raw Chef and have shifted my diet to 80% raw. This year I felt a huge up-level in my energy as a result of having my morning green juice along with an infrared sauna and a 1-2 hour hike in the forest! I feel so nourished as I indulge in all my exquisite self care practices.
Another big up-level for me was finally realizing a long-standing desire to do a 3-day Juice Cleanse and a full month of eating strictly greens! It was intense, but richly rewarding!
6. Business Heroine Magazine Cover
Being featured on the cover of Business Heroine Magazine made my heart glow with pride. After such a journey to create my own business success I feel blessed to be part of a movement of creative spiritual people who are claiming their power to make money and thrive on all levels!
7. International Soul Art Day
Thousands of people around the world joined us on International Soul Art Day to create Soul Art for the day. Joining me live in my studio: Charu Morgan, Shiloh Sophia McCloud, Lisa Sonora Beam, Charlotte Lascelles and Laura Hames Franklin.
I believe art has the power to heal, inspire and birth nü worlds! It was amazing to discover so many others love art as much as I do!
8. Soul Art Supernova!
I’ve always been a prolific artist with an endless flow of creative ideas, inspiration and the ability to birth ideas into reality. But this year was out-of-this-world in terms of creativity and divine inspiration. It felt like a Soul Art Supernova!
One of the creations I’m most excited about is the birth of the Soul Art Certification Master Shaman Level. This is the culmination of over a decade of creative process, journeys and art. Expressing and teaching how to be a Soul Art Shaman ignites my spirit!
9. Deepening my relationship with Kevin
Kevin Thom and I have been partners for 5 years. We are creative soul mates for sure!
We are partners both personally and professionally. Kevin is the genius photographer who helps me realize my visions. He is also the grounding force that reminds me that love is the most important thing, no matter what! I always feel unconditionally loved in his magnificent presence, what a blessing!
This is a photo from our 2013 Mexico trip. I’m so excited about everything we have shared already and all the adventures that await us. We’re starting 2014 with a trip to Hawaii, leaving in just a few weeks!
10. Diving in!
2013 was the year I dove in! Literally, I feel like I plunged into my dreams with my whole heart. I gave this year everything I’ve got and more. I have been blown away by the magic that splashed around me as I surrendered to my path.
This photo is from my trip to Mexico where I surprised myself by being the first person to raise my hand saying “Yes, I’ll jump into the cave water!”. My internal thoughts: “Yes, I’ll be the first to stand up in front of everyone in my bikini and jump into the dark water that I have no idea what temperature it is or what’s on the bottom, but I’ll do it and everyone can watch and decide if they want to do it too!”
Ahhh……2013 has been incredible!
But to be completely honest, I must give you the balanced perspective of this epic year and share some lowlights too.
My Top 10 Lowlights of 2013
1. Ending a contract with a private client. I was deeply saddened to end this relationship as it felt like a break-up. When I enter working relationships I give it my whole-heart and when something doesn’t go its full intended run it feels like a miscarriage. It was a lowlight to experience the sudden end of this contract.
2. Making the decision to no longer work privately with clients. Although this was an incredibly empowering decision, that came from the realization that I want to focus more energy on creating big projects for big audiences rather than working one-on-one, it was hard to let this go. I felt like I was disappointing people and risking the loss of their connection.
3. Worrying too much. We have a joke on my team about how I like to reinvent the wheel. As much fun as it is to create nü innovative projects and birth art, I find I stress and worry about it working out. I wonder how it will all come together and what I need to do to make things happen.
4. Judging myself harshly. I am my own worst critic, anyone who works with me knows this. I have justified this by saying I want things to be great, which is true, but I am realizing the damage this does to my spirit. It hurts my heart when I’m so critical of myself. It was a lowlight to feel the pain in my heart of my own criticism.
5. Complaining. I do believe complaining has its place to help us clarify what we like and what we don’t like. I also know within myself when I’ve crossed the line of clarity and when I am stuck in the mud of complaining. It was a lowlight to witness myself complain more than I’d like to.
6. Holding a grudge. As much as I’ve tried I still hold a grudge about something that happened in my past. I keep thinking I’m over it but then it pops up again. It was a lowlight to watch myself spin in the grips of this grudge yet again!
7. Being late. I typically pride myself on being very professional, organized and on-time. A lowlight this year was not being able to live up to my own standards. I was late with a number of emails and meetings.
8. Letting Twitter go. With so many different social media tools and tactics I was starting to feel overwhelmed by it all. I realized I didn’t really enjoy twitter and so I let it go. This was a powerful decision for me as it freed me up, but the lowlight was wondering if I’d made a mistake by letting go of something that has the potential to reach more people.
9. Wasting. I wasted way too much energy on worrying. Our energy is such a precious resource, it was a lowlight to enable myself to waste so much.
10. The death of my cat Aslan. This was my deepest sadness and lowlight of 2013. Aslan was my best friend for close to 20 years. He journeyed with me through all the highs and lows of my business creation. I still cry when I think about his powerful, wise presence and his unconditional love. I’m so grateful I can visit his grave during my daily hikes. He was the most precious gift and it breaks my heart that I can no longer pet him.
All in all it has been a fantastic year, the highs and the lows, the light and the dark, I love it all!
Thank you for being part of this incredible year!
I’m over-the-moon excited to begin 2014 with the nü Icon program and make this year even more powerful, creative, soul-nourishing and rich with love!
Join me in 2014 and let’s make it our best year ever together!
The 2014 nü Icon year-long program officially begins on January 1st.